A List of interesting Argumentative Essay Ideas
When you are interested in writing an argumentative essay and have to come up with your own topic, it’s often best to be very careful about how you go about choosing one. Most people who are very good writers end up having a problem writing such essays not because they are bad writers, but simply due to the fact that they did not choose topics that make good arguments. Some of the ideas that you can use when you are in such a position include:
- Abortion: this is a topic that has drawn varied opinions from all kinds of people over the ages, and you can be sure that it will continue eliciting such for some time to come. One of the benefits of choosing this as a topic to write on is that you can choose any side and still end up coming up with very convincing arguments. The only thing you would need to do in order to convince people of your argument is making sure that you arrange your thoughts in a coherent manner.
- Border control: another topic that is likely to be a very good subject for argumentative essays is to do with border control and immigration, especially in the western world. There are many pros and cons of both being liberal about this issue and also restricting the movement of people across borders.
- The Death Penalty: there are many countries in the world that still have the death penalty, and there are just as many that vehemently oppose it. This means that if you are interested in a quality topic, you could choose to write on this. Whichever side you choose to write about, you are likely to end up with lots of facts and information that you can use to convince other people of your stand.
- Cloning: cloning, especially of humans, has numerous benefits but also has a lot of ethical issues behind it. This means that writing about it will never be short of controversy. This makes it an excellent topic for someone who is interested in writing an argumentative essay. As is the case with all the above topics, the key to getting it right is making sure that you organize your thoughts in a coherent manner.
These are just a few of the topic ideas that you can try out when you are interested in writing in an argumentative manner. The good thing is that whichever side you take, you will always have a lot of fact to back up your argument.
What we help with
The academic writing guides you can find on this website are created to assist high school and college students write better:
- High school essays
- Research papers
- Capstone projects
- Term papers
- PowerPoint presentations
- Article critiques
What our readers think
- Josh (TX): I have been looking for a resource to help me write my essay and I found it!
- Maria (Sweden): I was totally stuck with my research project till I bumped into this blog. Thank you!
- Alex (DC): You guys have saved my literature term paper. You rock!
- Jessica (NJ): Thank you for giving me free thesis statement topic ideas. I was about to fail my paper.