5 Steps to create an argumentative Essay without using a Sample
You don’t necessarily need a sample to help you write an argumentative essay. Many people take on this assignment on a daily basis and do so without the help of a sample paper to guide them. This is very well something that you can do, too, and it may not be as difficult as you think. Here are the 5 steps needed to compile an argumentative essay without the help of a sample.
- The first step in writing your essay is to find the argument that you will write about. This is found with research of the topic. Of course this is a step that can be completed only when you are comfortable with the topic that has been selected. Use a variety of sources together your information and make sure that you pick the side of the argument that you want to debate in your paper. It is important that you find as much statistical information and data as possible, and don’t be shy about the information that you write in your essay.
- Create your thesis statement. The thesis is a very important part of your paper and I basically a summary of your argument’s question. All of the information written after the thesis should all relate back to this question and answer. It should be a strong statement.
- Make sure that you are staying on topic and on the side of the augment that you have chosen to be on. So often students fall off topic or off of their side of the argument and this really hurts the quality of the paper.
- Make your paper clear and detailed. There should not be any question about the side of the argument that you are on, nor should the reader have to go elsewhere to gather information about the subject.
- Don’t forget both a good introductory statement and a conclusion. Both are very important and help provide the reader with important information about your subject.
With these 5 steps creating your essay is not something that you will look at with such negativity in your mind. Be sure that you are focused on the assignment at hand, take the time to write all of the needed information for a thorough report and follow the guidelines that your instructor has given you to compile an amazing report that really gets the attention that you want it to gain.
What we help with
The academic writing guides you can find on this website are created to assist high school and college students write better:
- High school essays
- Research papers
- Capstone projects
- Term papers
- PowerPoint presentations
- Article critiques
What our readers think
- Josh (TX): I have been looking for a resource to help me write my essay and I found it!
- Maria (Sweden): I was totally stuck with my research project till I bumped into this blog. Thank you!
- Alex (DC): You guys have saved my literature term paper. You rock!
- Jessica (NJ): Thank you for giving me free thesis statement topic ideas. I was about to fail my paper.